This can be made in a slow cooker/Crock Pot or oven at 325 degrees for 3-4 hours.
Ingredients for homemade Apple Butter:
- 4 qts. unsweetened applesauce
- 7 C. granulated sugar
- 1-1/3 C. brown sugar
- 5-1/3 T. cider vinegar
- 5-1/3 T. lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon. cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon. allspice
- 1 teaspoon. ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker/Crock Pot or roasting pan.
- Cover and cook 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid and continue cooking until excess liquid cooks away (turn to low as necessary) Slow Cooker 5-8 hours, oven 3-5 hours Seal mixture in hot jars and process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.
Makes approximately 8-10 pints
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.