Entertaining and decorating your party in all white, is fabulous and fresh.
One of my personal favorites is an ALL WHITE PARTY! White provides an elegant twist to an outdoor picnic.
• Create your outdoor summer party on a beach, in a garden, backyard or a small townhouse lawn or patio.
• Use a crisp summer white as your primary colo r! Additionally, don't hesitate to pair white and off-white.
• Invite your guests to dress in all white and upon arrival to go barefoot if they like for extra fun!
• Place white paper bag luminaries with tea lights in sand to outline and define your entertaining space.
• I’ve found that one of the best ways to keep your alcohol budget in check is to offer a signature cocktail at your party. This year for my fun summer soirées I am serving my favorite luxury rum, 10 Cane! The reason I serve and believe in this brand is not only for the distinctive taste, but more importantly because my guests, like your guests, come to my parties wanting only the best. 10 Cane is made with first press cane juice (not molasses!) and is produced by Moët Hennessy. Therefore I suggest these absolutely fabulous and sassy 10 Cane signature cocktails: The Millionaire Mojito, The Light & Stormy, and a fabulous Mai Tai!
• You’ll want to plan on having a variety of non-alcoholic options available for your guests. Assign a few of your good friends to keep an eye on the bar area and alert you if anything needs refreshed.
• If space permits, place a white party tent in your entertaining space and then take white fabric and simply drape it over the tent poles at the top (additionally this allows you to cover the tent poles) to create sheer and billowy drapes. If space is an issue, consider using white market umbrellas.
• Straw beach mats will create a wonderful floor surface on the ground and under the white party tent. For an extra touch of fun top the mats with white pillows to promote ground seating and conversation!
• Gorgeous and airy summer white flowers such as roses, stephanotis, white phlox, white calla lilies, huge and fragrant Casablanca lilies, and hydrangea are a perfect touch for an outdoor party. Arrange the floral in silver or crystal containers from indoors to add a touch of sass and elegance to your affair. For a more casual look, float flowers in large glass cylinders or oval bowls.
• Bring the indoors out. If you have a wonderful wood dining or coffee table that is easy to transport outside, then do so; this makes for a fantastic dining or buffet table. (The table will be ok as it will not be in the elements too long.)
• White wood garden chairs are a great and comfortable touch to any summer event. Arrange these casually in an easy form to encourage relaxed conversation amongst your guests.
• String stylish all white party paper lanterns, white twinkle lights, or solar lanterns to create an ambiance. Additionally, I always love to add a touch of romance by adding white candles in various sizes and heights in hurricane vases around the lawn area and on the table.
• Table cloths in crisp linen, sheer, textured, or a gauzy white add a special touch to any table setting. I personally love to layer white napkins in between white dish ware to give the table setting depth and dimension.
• Music is a must! As a general rule remember to have it loud it enough to hear, yet soft enough for conversation.
• If you live an area where temperatures dip in the evening, an outdoor fireplace, fire pit or chimenea is wonderful!
• And last but not least, no summer all white party would be complete without remembering to take into consideration there may be some outdoor critters! Think about spraying the area the day before, or putting some citronella candles in the distance and providing a few cans of bug repellent for your guests. Personally, I feel the electronic apparatuses are a zapper to any party conversation!
• Always have numbers for a local taxi service on hand for your guests!
• All White Gift bags! Make your guests feel like a VIP as they head home. Also, I love to give my guests a treat to remember the night – this summer I’m giving 10 Cane and (MALIN+GOETZ) Mojito Lip Balm! It is sassy and delicious!
• Signature white Cocktails featuring my favorite luxury rum—10 Cane:
The Millionaire Mojtio:
1 ½ oz. 10 Cane Rum
½ oz. Simple Syrup
1 oz. Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
8-10 Mint Leaves
Splash of Chandon Brut Classic
Garnish: Mint Sprig
Place simple syrup and mint leaves in the bottom of a tall glass. Press gently with a muddler. Fill with cracked ice. Add 10 Cane and lime juice. Stir gently and top off with Chandon Brut Classic. Garnish with a mint sprig.
The Light’n Stormy
2 oz. 10 Cane Rum
3-4 oz. Ginger Beer
½ oz. Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
Garnish: Lime Wedge and Candied Ginger
Fill a high-ball glass ¾ full with ice. Combine all ingredients and stir. Garnish with lime wedge and candied ginger.
The Mai Tai
1 ½ oz. 10 Cane Rum
1 oz. Grand Marnier
¼ oz. Orgeat Syrup
1 oz. Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
¼ oz. Simple Syrup
Garnish: Mint Sprig & Lemon Wheel
Combine all ingredients into a mixing glass. Add ice and shake vigorously. Pour all contents into a rocks glass.
Garnish with mint sprig and lemon wheel.